Monday 9 April 2007

Political Overreach

So you don't have to be associated with a terrorist organisation, you don't have to have committed any crimes, you don't even have to look suspicious. No all you have to do is be critical of George W. Bush!

"I presented my credentials from the Marine Corps to a very polite clerk for American Airlines. One of the two people to whom I talked asked a question and offered a frightening comment: "Have you been in any peace marches? We ban a lot of people from flying because of that." I explained that I had not so marched but had, in September, 2006, given a lecture at Princeton, televised and put on the Web, highly critical of George Bush for his many violations of the Constitution. "That'll do it," the man said."
So what is exactly the point of this action? Is it to intimidate opponents? Is it a punishment for daring to speak out in opposition? Is this what the 'leader of the free world' has come to?

I would imagine that the airlines will be complaining if the Department of Homeland Security are going to want to ban two thirds of their potential passengers.

No comments: